Congratulations! Step 1 is complete.
You have completed the registration. Please wait for approval.
Wait for Approval
Pay the Fee
Information and Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Enrollment and Fees
If this is the first time you are enrolling your child, please click here to register.
To make a direct payment to the Mid Canterbury School Transport Service (MCSTS), please use the following bank details:
- Account Name: MCSTS
- Bank: BNZ Bank
- Account Number: 020836-0074077-001
Ensure that all payments are clearly identified with the relevant information (such as the student's name or ID) to ensure proper allocation of your payment.
Operating Procedures and Eligibility
Each school in Mid Canterbury has a Transport Eligibility Zone (TEZ) set by the Ministry of Education. The TEZ is typically the midpoint between schools on a county map. School buses must adhere to these TEZ guidelines and require permission to transport a student from another school's TEZ.
Special Circumstances and Allowances
Bus Usage and Rules
Unregistered students will be refused entry by the driver until they are officially enrolled with MCSTS.
The behavior rules for students on MCSTS buses are:
- Obey the driver's instructions without without question
- Remain seated for the entire journey
- Vaping/smoking/alcohol or any illegal substance is prohibited
- Respect property of the bus operator and other students at all times (this includes vandalism, pushing/verbal and physical bullying)
- Avoid any behavior that could put the driver or other students at risk
- Any damage caused to the bus will result in the students parent/caregiver being billed for the cost of repairs
Non-compliance can lead to temporary or permanent loss of bus privileges. MCSTS does not provide alternative transport for students with withdrawn privileges.
Contact and Additional Information
Application forms are available from the Ministry of Education Website.